President’s Task Force for Racial Equity
PRESIDENT’S TASK FORCE FOR RACIAL EQUITY
The President’s Task Force for Racial Equity has been organized with the task of working to develop recommendations of intentional, measurable and implementable action items that will work towards the goal of ensuring the explicit action towards racial equity throughout the college. The development of the Racial Equity Action Plans are being steered through this task force.
Task Force Goals
- Organize opportunities to understand the perspectives of students, faculty and staff issues of racial equity.
- Identify policies and practices that unknowingly perpetuate racism at the College.
- Identify ways to focus on building intentional spaces to support our communities of color.
- Develop recommendations based on feedback and assessment of data.
- Prepare and present a report to the President and Cabinet with recommended action items by mid-November.
The Task Force is made up of Faculty and Staff from each Division area and two student representatives. Each division representative will serve as their division’s Racial Equity Action Plan Coordinator for the 2020-2021 Academic Year to ensure the development and implementation of their respective plans. Members of the Task Force are listed below:
- Business - Lorraine Martínez-Novoa, Ph.D
- Communication and Media Arts - Noelle Griffis, Ph.D
- Fine and Performing Arts [Art] - Jason Rosenfeld, Ph.D
- Fine and Performing Arts [Dance] - Elena Comendador, MFA
- Fine and Performing Arts [Theatre]- Kenneth Finkle, MFA
- Humanities and Social Sciences - Julie Huntington, Ph.D
- Science - Benedetta Sampoli Benitez, Ph.D
- Academic Affairs - Peter Naccarato, Ph.D
- Administration and Finance - Marissa Skiff
- Institutional Advancement - Wilton Fontenette
- Student Success and Engagement [Admissions] - Christian Andrade
- Student Success and Engagement [Residence Life] - Michelle Quock
- Student Representative - Shadé Eleazer, ’22
- Student Representative - Taylor Arrington, ’21