MMC’s Residence Halls—55th Street and Cooper Square—are open with reduced capacity. Read below for an overview of the policies in place for the Residence Halls, or visit the Office of Residence Life’s Housing Information page for more detailed information.
Residence Life Overview
To reduce the density in the residence halls, we are assigning one bedroom per resident student (2-3 people per suite), with a shared bathroom in each suite. This reduces the capacity of our residence halls to about 40%.
Application Process: Housing applications will be handled first come, first served, with a priority given to students who have deposited by December 21, 2020.
- Housing Contract: Students will be required to sign an updated Housing Contract with a new COVID-19 addendum before being approved for housing for the 2020-21 academic year.
- As spaces are available, housing applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Monitor your MMC email for information from the Residence Life team.
Health and Safety Protocol:
- Residents will be expected to sign the Residential Wellness Pledge agreeing to practice recommended safety protocols to protect themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
- Only residential students are permitted in the residence halls. A strict no-guest policy is in effect. The only exception is each student will be allowed one helper to move in.
- Should any residential students become sick, the College has set aside rooms at both 55 th Street and Cooper Square so that students can practice the mandatory isolation procedures while remaining supported by the College community.
Move-In Process: To allow for social distancing, there will be an extended move-in process. Residence Life will be in touch with students to schedule move-in appointments.
- Pack Lightly: To expedite the move-in process, we recommend packing conservatively and only bringing necessary items to campus. Should conditions require a closure of campus, this would also enable a more efficient move-out process.
- Quarantine & Isolation Policies for Move-In: Effective November 4, 2020, individuals arriving to New York from one of the restricted locations will be allowed to “test out” of the mandatory 10-day quarantine by providing proof of two negative COVID-19 tests. The first test must be obtained within 3 days of departure from that state. The individual then must quarantine for 3 days upon arrival in New York. On the fourth day, a second COVID test must be obtained. If both tests come back negative, the individual is allowed to exit quarantine.
- Students will be required to exercise the full 10-consecutive day quarantine if they do not obtain these two negative tests.
- Please see New York State’s COVID-19 Travel Advisory webpage for more information.
- Read MMC’s Quarantine & Isolation 101 Guide for specific details about the quarantine requirements upon arrival. (Please note that this document is intended to provide guidance for students traveling to New York from out-of-state and living in the residence halls. Comprehensive, College-wide quarantine and isolation protocols for the full academic year will be shared via email and posted to the website prior to the beginning of the semester.)
- If you are a student not living in MMC housing, you must make your own arrangements for quarantining. If you are a student living in MMC housing, you may quarantine in your assigned apartment/suite. If you are an MMC residential student from a restricted state and have quarantined for 14 days in a non-restricted state (including New York) prior to MMC housing move-in, you do not need to quarantine upon moving in, but we ask you to let email@example.com know you have completed your quarantine prior to your arrival.