Mail Room at 55th Street
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday - 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Any changes to the above schedule such as weather related or Holiday closures will be posted on the TV monitors near the elevators on the First Floor and in the Mailbox and Mailroom areas.
Incoming mail and/or packages for students must be addressed to their residence.
55th Street Mailroom news - December 2020/January 2021 Edition
- Please visit the 55th Street Mailroom News section to keep up-to-date on all the latest Mailroom information.
Incoming Student Mail Process
- Mailbox assignments and keys are given out at the start of the Fall semester by the Office of Residence Life.
- Incoming mail for students residing at 55th Street should be clearly labeled with their name and mailing address including their mailbox number.
- Mail is picked up from the US Post Office, sorted and placed in the respective student mailbox.
- Any student experiencing a problem with their mailbox should immediately notify either the Mailroom or a staff member of Residence Life to report the problem.
- Mailbox keys are turned in at the end of the Spring semester to the Office of Residence Life.
- At the end of the Spring semester, mail is forwarded to students until June 30th. Students should notify all senders of their updated mailing address. Any mail received after this date will be returned to the sender. Once you have moved out, please visit USPS.com to fill out a change-of-address form.
- If a student leaves during the year, mail is forwarded for a period of one month to allow notification to senders of their updated mailing address.
- When moving out of the 55th Street Residence Hall, it is also important to notify subscription carriers such as Time Magazine, People Magazine, etc. so that they can update their records. The Mailroom contacts and cancels all free catalog subscriptions such as Alloy, Land’s End, etc.
Incoming Package Deliveries
- All courier deliveries (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) must be labeled with the student’s name and complete mailing address.
- Packages are accepted by a member of the Mailroom staff and logged into the inbound tracking system – which includes entering the student name; person/company sending package; tracking number; carrier and designated location in the Mailroom.
- An automatic e-mail is generated by the system to the student advising them of a delivery.
- Students can pick up their package from the Mailroom during regular business hours and must show their MMC picture ID. No packages will be given out without proper identification.
- Student can also request that a roommate pick-up their packages for them. Please visit either the 55th Street or Cooper Square Mailroom news section for specific instructions.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to a student who has not picked up their package after two weeks.
- Packages not picked up prior to the Winter Break will remain in the Mailroom until they return for the spring semester.
- At the end of the spring semester, packages not picked up will be either forwarded to a student (if forwarding address has been given to the Mailroom) or returned to the Sender. (Please note: Amazon packages cannot be returned to sender. Please contact the sender so that you are issued a credit and are properly refunded. Amazon packages left after move-out will be discarded)
Quarantine Delivery Process
- If you are under quarantine, your packages (including perishables) will be delivered to your room (an email will be sent once delivered) until the expiration of your quarantine period; please check for packages after you receive the email notification. Limited mail will be distributed and placed under your door, all other mail will placed in your mailbox. You can email the mailroom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you are expecting any important mail or documents.
- Limited mail will be distributed and placed under your door; all other mail will be placed in your mailbox. Please send an email to email@example.com for any important mail or documents you may be waiting for.
- If you need assistance in tracking a package, please contact Edwin Matos, Mailroom Coordinator at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 212.355.1210.
- Please contact Ebro Marrero, Administrative Services Manager and Mailroom Supervisor at 212.517.0588 (email@example.com), or Maria C. Marzano, Director of Administrative Services in the event of an emergency at 212.517.0428 (firstname.lastname@example.org)