Musical Theatre Intensive
Summer 2021 Program
About the Program
The virtual Musical Theatre Program, conducted in both Synchronous and Asynchronous formats, provides each student with individualized coaching, as well as a supportive learning community of students and theatre professionals.
The two-week program will give students the tools to analyze a script and song, make informed acting choices, use music to propel the story, and understand the techniques required to create a digital pre-screen. Based on current industry standards for both college auditions and the professional world in New York City, this summer’s instruction includes the following:
- College audition prep. Faculty will:
- Choose appropriate material for each individual student.
- Give acting and vocal coaching – both individually and in a group setting.
- Provide piano tracks for each song.
- Work with students on self-tape techniques.
- Prepare students for college pre-screen auditions.
- Offer tips on the college audition process, including timelines, what to look for, how to prepare, and how to stay organized.
Dates: July 12 – July 23, 2021 (Monday - Friday)
Time: On weekdays during the program, students are expected to be available for 3 – 4 hours a day for Zoom sessions, and will also require additional time to complete homework.
Final Performance: We will have a final virtual performance for family and friends on Friday, July 23. More details to follow.
The total virtual two-week program cost is $1,500. Optional private voice lessons are available for an additional charge.
Payment due on 6/26