- What is Box?
- How to use Box?
Sign into Box
Go to box.com, click on the “Log in” button on the top right, then sign in using your MMC credentials.
Click Upload and select whether you are uploading a file or folder.
Use your device’s file browser to locate the file or folder you want to upload and click OK.
To edit a Microsoft Office file:
1- Select the file.
2- Click Open and then choose to open the file on your desktop or online.
3- Make your changes to the file and save. Box will automatically create a new version of the file.
- How to share files and collaborate in Box
Create shared links
Shared links let you quickly copy and share hyperlinks to content stored in Box with individuals inside and outside MMC.
After signing into Box:
1. Hover over the content you want to share and then click Share.
2. Click the Enable shared link toggle to create a shared link.
3. Click Invited People Only to choose the permission level for the shared link.
You can also customize the link settings of your shared link, such as setting an expiration date or customizing the URL.
A collaborator is someone you invite to a file or folder. When you add someone as a collaborator to a file or folder, it will appear in their Box account.
After signing into Box
1. Hover over the file or folder you want to share and then click Share.
2. Type the name or email address of the collaborator.
3. Select Invite as Editor and choose whether you want to invite the collaborator as an editor or reviewer.
4. In the Message field, type a message of up to 750 characters for the collaborator (this step is optional).
5. Click Send.
Note: If you send a collaboration invitation to someone without a Box account, they will be prompted to sign up for a Box account before accessing the shared content.