Whether you’re looking for targeted improvement in grammar, for a better understanding of what constitutes plagiarism, or for more critical thinking and writing skills practice, online workshops and resources are readily available. You might use the resources below as a complement to your writing courses at MMC, too—or schedule individualized tutoring at MMC’s Center for Academic Support and Tutoring (CAST).
- Email Etiquette: Communicating with Faculty
- Brave Spaces in the Classroom
- Dr. Tahneer Oksman’s Source Worksheet
- MMC’s Academic Writing Book List
Working with Sources
- Concerned about or not sure what constitutes plagiarism ? This cool visual breaks it down!
- Purdue Online Writing Lab : Purdue OWL is a great resource for a wide range of writing issues, including grammar, citation, and the writing process
Grammar, Language, and Vocabulary
- Oxford English Dictionary online : comprehensive definitions and historical etymologies
- Grammar Bytes : interactive quizzes to help test and improve knowledge and skills
- Threshold Concepts : transferring writing skills across disciplines and into the real world
- Good writer, bad writer : excellent advice on all stages of the writing process, anxiety and procrastination , time management , and writing longer essays
- NY Writers Coalition and Writer’s Digest : for New York City’s young, aspiring writers
- The Bard Institute for Writing and Thinking workshops for students