Alumni and Friends Book Club
MMC’s Alumni and Friends Book Club meets throughout the year to discuss the selected books, enjoy refreshments, and connect with fellow alums and friends.
We hope you’ll join us!
Tuesday, June 22, 2020
5:30-7:00 PM via Zoom
American Dirt is an urgent, blistering, unforgettable book. In her portrayal of Lydia and Luca, a mother and son forced to leave their Mexican home, Jeanine Cummins has given face to migrants everywhere who flee violence and near-certain death in search of only one thing: a chance at life.
Register below to receive the Zoom link to participate.
- Apeirogon by Colum McCann
- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- The Tide Between Us by Olive Collins
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Academy Street by Mary Costello
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates