How to Apply
Review our eligibility requirements below.
Please submit all documentation by February 1 for fall admission.
- Meet both the educational and economic guidelines established by the NYSED.
- Be a graduate of a high school approved and accredited by the NYSED, have a New York State Equivalency Diploma, or possess an Armed Forces Equivalency Diploma.
- Offer proven potential for and an eagerness to succeed in a post-secondary program.
- Be a New York State resident for at least 12 months prior to enrollment.
- Be a “first time” college student or qualified transfer student from other Arthur O. Eve HEOP, EOP, SEEK, or College Discovery Opportunity Program.
- Apply online for Financial Aid through FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov (use code 002769 for MMC). Be sure to follow the link to complete your TAP application as well (code 0447).
Economic Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, the applicant’s household income must fall within the ranges given in the following chart:
|New York State Opportunity Programs Income Eligibility Criteria|
|Persons in Family/Household||2021-2022|
|*Add $8,288 for each family member in excess of 8|
Required Application Materials
- A completed MMC Application for Admission (be sure to check the “HEOP” box on this form)
- An official copy of high school or secondary school transcript, or a copy of GED scores and GED diploma
- SAT I and/or ACT scores (optional)
- One letter of recommendation
- An essay (250-500 words)
- A personal interview (see more below)
Required Financial Documents
- Completed and signed FAFSA application (use code 002769 for MMC)
- Completed and signed TAP application (use code 0447 for MMC)
- Tax Return Transcript and signed W2’s from 2018 and 2019 (Instructions to request a Tax Return Transcript or no-tax filer form from the IRS can be found here.)
- Letter from Public Assistance office with total yearly benefits and the names of any household recipients
- Statements from Social Security with total yearly benefits for each member of the household receiving them
- A statement of total yearly unemployment benefits, if applicable
A personal interview is required of all applicants under consideration, and Interview Day will take place in late February. All income documentation and application materials above must be submitted to the HEOP office by February 1 in order to be considered for an interview. Applications submitted after February 1 will be reviewed at the discretion of the HEOP office.
Submitting Application Materials
Scroll down to submit documents to HEOP via our secure BOX account. Please provide all required financial documents in one submission.
IMPORTANT: Before uploading, please make sure the student’s full name is included on the documents.
Please Note: Students who want to be considered for the Theatre Arts or Dance programs are encouraged to apply by December 15. For more information about these majors or to schedule a mandatory audition, refer to the Theatre and Dance pages or contact Kevin Kemler at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Questions? Contact us:
Office of the Higher Education Opportunity Program