- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/109/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/7454_5537894072_49e1d481c0_o.rev.1453903072.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Accounting Minor</h1></div><div class="hero__extra"><a href="/live/image/gid/109/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/7454_5537894072_49e1d481c0_o.jpg" class="hero__about" title="Spreadsheets" data-minimodal="true" data-minimodal-rootclass="minimodal--alt" data-minimodal-caption="Spreadsheets"><span class="svg svg--plus hero__about__icon"><svg data-xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 33 33"><path d="M33 15v3H18v15h-3V18H0v-3h15V0h3v15z"/></svg></span>About this image</a></div></div>
Why Study Accounting?
The Accounting Minor adds value to any major you choose at MMC. Mix your major’s strengths with the skills you’ll pick up as an Accounting minor, and the workplace is your oyster. This minor provides you with the solid accounting foundation you’ll need to succeed in the business world. It’s a perfect springboard to a graduate degree in accounting or business, or even to your CFA or CPA credentials.
Why Study Accounting at MMC?
The strong business foundation of MMC’s Accounting program will give you a personal and professional edge. Master tax liability management for yourself or your indie business, putting into play what you’ve learned in our Income Taxation course. Let your studies in forensic accounting and financial statement analysis help you soar as a corporate CEO or CFO.
What You Will Learn
- You will record financial transactions and prepare financial statements.
- You will analyze financial transactions and articulate whether the transactions are presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- You will communicate your knowledge of financial statement analysis using proper business terminology.
In addition to the two basic courses in accounting that provide the foundational principles across business disciplines, you will choose electives from a list that includes the following:
- Managerial Accounting
- Income Taxation of Individuals
- Financial Statement Analysis
As an Accounting minor, you’ll graduate with critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as strong communication skills and interdisciplinary capabilities.
I really enjoyed my time at MMC because I fully utilized my time at school and learned as much as possible, even as I worked and gained experience.Bruce Zhou ’17
Class of 2017, Double major in Finance and International Business
Double minor in Economics and Accounting
Both my internships provided valuable experience and contextual applications of knowledge in finance and accounting. Thanks to my advisor, Professor Andrea Tsentides, who introduced me to the amazing internship with M2E, I am now more confident in planning my career path and charting my professional goals.Solenne Ndouongo ’17
Class of 2017, B.S. in Finance with a minor in Accounting
The small class sizes at MMC created a very focused class environment, where the professors knew your name and encouraged participation, motivating students to learn and grow. What I learned in my finance and accounting classes, as well as dance and arts classes, could be directly applied to my responsibilities as an intern. The ability to take both business and arts courses in New York City opened unique opportunities to me as a student and I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to pursue my interest in Finance and Accounting in the Arts.Leeann Minard
Class of 2020, BS Finance, Minors: Accounting and Dance
As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in long-term study abroad programs or in faculty-led travel courses that complement your interests, expand your understanding of other cultures, and open your eyes to your possibilities.